York Carers Forum
Welcome to our website!
Are you an unpaid carer?
- Do you support a relative, friend or neighbour in a caring role?
- Are you looking after someone in an unpaid capacity?
Then YOU are a Carer!
York Carers Forum offers support to all unpaid carers and former carers aged over 18 who live, work or care for someone in the City of York area.
York Carers Forum is a constituted voluntary organisation with charitable aims relying on donations and fundraising to reach hidden carers.
York Carers Forum raises awareness and empowers unpaid carers and former carers by:
- Providing a focus across all carer groups - our logo is an 'umbrella'
- Identifying and promoting unpaid carers needs
- Gathering and sharing information for carers - we have a free monthly newsletter called 'York Carers Voice'
- Listening to what you have to say
- Working with related statutory and voluntary organisations (both locally and nationally) to help develop appropriate services
- Raising the profile of unpaid carers through a united voice
- Meeting together monthly for socials or to host guest speakers
York Carers Forum has no paid workers – it is run by unpaid carers and former carers – so we KNOW where you’re coming from – new members and enquiries from caring organisations are always welcome!